Foundations of Sitefinity Development
This is an entry level course that will help ASP.NET developers to acquire fundamental knowledge on developing with Sitefinity. It focuses on the essential concepts, extensibility points and how-tos, to prepare developers for their first Sitefinity project.
In this course, students will learn the fundamentals of Progress Sitefinity CMS and will acquire the knowledge needed to develop against the platform. The course content is specifically designed to help developers who have little to no experience in developing against Sitefinity to get up to speed. It covers broad range of topics starting from how to setup the development environment, going through how to develop against the Presentation layer, and ending with how to work with configurations and how to start administering a web site.
After completing the course attendees should be able to:
- Setup the development environment
- Understand the fundamental Sitefinity terminology
- Develop against the presentation layer using MVC
- Use the platform API to fetch and modify data
- Apply basic administration of a Sitefinity website
Attendees must be:
- Be proficient in ASP.NET MVC
- Have experience in web development
The course is organised in 3 days with 9 lessons
- Lesson 1 Managing Pages and Widgets
- Lesson 2 Working with Content
- Lesson 3 Rapid Development of Modules
- Lesson 4 Rapid Development of Forms
- Lesson 5 Customizing Presentation Layer
- Lesson 6 Web Services, C# API, and platform Events
- Lesson 7 Architecture and Patterns
- Lesson 8 Working with Configurations
- Lesson 9 Administration 101
If you’re serious about a career with Sitefinity and you want to build the skills to successfully deliver your first Sitefinity projects, this course will help you reach your goals.